Google+ Beathearts: Beathearts rewind #33 - Innocence - Let's push it (1990)

1.20.2012

Beathearts rewind #33 - Innocence - Let's push it (1990)

I used to love UK soul back in the early 90s. For a period it felt like a classic 12" was dropping every week from London. With acts such as Loose Ends, Mica Paris, Caron Wheeler, Dave Dorell, CJ Macintosh, Blacksmith and Soul II Soul they used to dominate my crates. One of my favourite groups at the time was Innocence. As far as I know they only put out two albums, but a whole bunch of singles. One of the stand out tracks for me from this period that I still listen to is their 1990 release Let's push it.

The intro sounded like a part 2 of  M|A|R|R|S (Dorell/Macintosh) Pump up the volume but then smoothly transitioned into that cooled out UK soul sound. Classic!


Download: Innoncence - Let's push it (Big beat mix) 

0 reactions: