Google+ Beathearts: John Legend & The Roots - Wake Up

5.10.2010

John Legend & The Roots - Wake Up


John Legend will put out his new album 'Wake Up' this september together with the legendary Roots crew. We're curious if Black Thought will do some guest apperances. Anyhow it looks very promising!

John Legend recently said:

“We’re, like, 99 percent done. We’ve done all the recording, and now we’re mixing half the album. I’m very excited about it. It’s gonna be a very interesting, very cool album. I’m a big fan of the Roots. This is a group I’ve been following since I was a kid at college. I would go to open mics and watch them host, wishing I could be onstage with them, and now I’m in the studio with them making this album, and it’s pretty exciting.”


John Legend covers Teddy Pendergrass beautiful song 'Wake Up Everybody' with the Roots at Live Earth’s Run For Water event.


John Legend - Dreams (possibly on the album, however one of the best JL songs we've heard)

0 reactions: