Google+ Beathearts: DJ Mehdi - Loukoums (Dilla tribute)

9.19.2011

DJ Mehdi - Loukoums (Dilla tribute)


From one tribute to the other. This just dropped from Busy P (Pierre Winter - founder of Ed Banger Records and former manager of Daft Punk). A Dilla tribute from the late DJ Mehdi who left us to early on September 13th 2011. R.I.P.

"Back in 2006, Dj Mehdi's hommage to Dilla
we did something like 200 promo CDs for friends
I think it's time for this music to be shared and enjoyed by all of us
I still can't believe what's happening, so I press play and I listen to my best friend's music. P."



DJ Mehdi - LOUKOUMS  (Liner notes):
"Non-produced and un-mixed by Dj Mehdi, NSI. Jay Dee rest in peace. Based on the DONUTS album concept, these are demos, out-takes and unreleased gems from various records I worked on before and during the making of LUCKY BOY, my next album. Stuff comes from MEGALOPOLIS, 113 DEGRES and SHEITAN soundtrack mainly, but some is older too. Hope you enjoy these rough mixes and un-polished sounds, as I pay hommage to "one of the greatest minds to ever make beats" :  Mr James Yancey, better known as JAY DEE, also known as DILLA."

Released by: Ed Banger Records
Release date: Jan 1, 2006

Download it here: DJ Mehdi - Loukoums
   DJ MEHDI "Loukoums" by edbangerrecords

0 reactions: