Google+ Beathearts: Beathearts top selections 2013: #5. Kelela - Cut 4 me

1.02.2014

Beathearts top selections 2013: #5. Kelela - Cut 4 me


5. Kelela - Cut 4 me (FadeToMind)

LA producer and vocalist released this game changing R'n'B mixtape "Cut 4 me" featured producers about to blow up like Jam City, Kingdom and Nguzunguzu. To quote FadeToMind label manager Kingdom: "We wanted to make a bold new statement for r'n'b".

Indeed. Just as Aaliyah, Timbaland and Missy Elliot set a new standard for r'n'b back in the 90s, Kelala and her producers has re-written the rulebook.

This album was released as a free mixtape but competes quality wise with any major label release. It will be very interesting to see what the next move from Kelela and FadeToMind will be.

Takeaway track: "Cherry coffee"
Listen on Spotify
Download: Kelela - Cut 4 me

Best releases of 2013: 10th  9th  8th  7th  6th  5th  4th  3rd  2nd 1st 

0 reactions: